- 2/3 cup butter (the real stuff)
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/3 cup unsweetened special dark cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspon coffee crystals
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup organic sugar, stevia, coconut sugar
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour (gluten free all purpose blend, optional)
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate bits \
- 1 tsp. fine orange peel
- 1-3 drops Orange essential oil
Preheat oven 350. Grease 8x8x2 baking dish
Melt butter over medium heat. Add cocoa powder and coffee. Remove from heat. Add sugar. Add eggs, one at a time. Stir vanilla. Beat til well combined. Stir in flour, chocolate bits and orange peel.
Spread batter in baking dish.
Bake 30 minutes.
Cool on a wire rack.
Sprinkle with Castor sugar to decorate. Cut into triangles or squares or use a cookie cutter and create heart shapes.
This recipe adapted from Mocha-Orange Brownies BHG Ultimate Cookies & bars 2010