Vegan Christmas Pound Cake with Cranberries
This vegan Christmas pound cake will be everybody’s favorite this holiday! Even your non-vegan friends will love it! Plus, it’s really easy to make, no special baking skills required.
Author: Ruxandra Micu @ http://gourmandelle.com/
Recipe type: Dessert
- 2 cups flour (I used gluten-free flour by Schar – Mix It)
- 10g baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 cup soy yogurt (I used vanilla flavored yogurt by Alpro)
- 1 cup soy milk
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 2 tsps vanilla extract
- 10 drops lemon essential oil
- 10 drops orange essential oil
- 6 Tbsps dry cranberries
- 6 Tbsps raisins
- 4 Tbsps oil + a little bit more for greasing the pan
- 4 Tbsps melted coconut oil
- 4 Tbsps powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add all ingredients, except cranberries and raisins, in the food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Add dry cranberries and raisins and mix with a spoon.The batter will be thick.
- Line a pound cake form with some parchment paper. Grease it.
- Pour the composition in it.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for ~40 minutes or until a toothpick from near the center comes out clean.
- Let it cool before removing it from the pan.
- Mix powdered sugar with coconut oil.
- Pour on top of the cake.